Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: daisy-chain
- A garland created from the daisies (the flowers).
- (computer engineering) A bus wiring scheme in which a series of devices are connected in sequence, A to B, B to C, C to D, etc.
- (electrical engineering) Placing several electrical or electronic devices in series by either their power connections or their data connections or both.
- (electronic music) A series of synthesizers, samplers, sequencers, or various other MIDI devices connected to one another in a chain via MIDI cables
- (rock climbing) A ladder made from nylon tape, originally made by chaining together several loops of nylon tape.
- (free climbing) A large nylon loop sewn together at intervals along the midlength, used to decelerate a falling climber.
- (backpacking) A small strip of webbing with multiple loops, which allows the backpacker to secure many different types of objects to the exterior of the pack.
- Any series of complicated relationships in which, over time, people have had different partners who have themselves had other partners within the same group of people.
- (sexuality) A group sex formation involving multiple partners, with the participants lying in a circle, putting their mouth to the genitals of the next person.