Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Synthesizer
- synthesiser (especially UK)
synthesizer (plural synthesizers)
- (music) An electronic instrument that creates its sounds with electronics and generally is played via a keyboard.
- (music) An electronic instrument consisting of a module, or a set of modules, that creates its sounds with electronics and does not have any keyboard.
- (electronics) An electronic circuit that generates an electronic signal oscillation with accurate timing from a reference oscillator.
- (electronics) An electronic device that generates electronic signal patterns to test an electronic circuit.
- (software) A software program that allows a computer to be used as a musical instrument – virtual instrument
- → Hebrew: סינתיסייזר (síntesaizer)
music: an electronic keyboard instrument
music: an electronic instrument module without a keyboard
electronics: an electronic circuit that generates an electronic signal oscillation
electronics: an electronic device that generates electronic signal patterns
|Declension of synthesizer|