Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Timing
- Rhymes: -aɪmɪŋ
- (obsolete) An occurrence or event.
- (uncountable) The regulation of the pace of e.g. an athletic race, the speed of an engine, the delivery of a joke, or the occurrence of a series of events.
- (uncountable) The time when something happens.
- (uncountable) The synchronization of the firing of the spark plugs in an internal combustion engine.
- (countable) An instance of recording the time of something.
terms derived from timing
obsolete: occurrence or event
time when something happens
timing m (plural timings)
timing m (uncountable)
- timing (time when something happens)