Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Athletic
- athletick (obsolete)
From French athlétique and Latin āthlēticus, from Ancient Greek ἀθλητικός (athlētikós, “relating to an athlete”), from ἀθλητής (athlētḗs, “athlete”): equivalent to athlete + -ic. For more, see athlete.
- (not comparable) Having to do with athletes.
- Are you a member of the American Athletic Association?
- Physically active.
- Since you're such an athletic person, you may wish to consider joining.
- Having a muscular, well developed body, being in shape.
- You have such an athletic build—you must work out regularly.
- An attribute of a motion or play which requires fine physical ability.
- The center fielder made an athletic play to snatch the ball from over the fence.
having to do with athletes
having a muscular, well developed body, being in shape