Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Dashboard
dashboard (plural dashboards)
- A panel under the windscreen of a motor car or aircraft, containing indicator dials, compartments, and sometimes controls.
- 1977, Jim Steinman (lyrics and music), “Paradise by the Dashboard Light”, in Bat Out of Hell, performed by Meat Loaf:
- Though it's cold and lonely in the deep dark night / I can see paradise by the dashboard light
- (historical) An upturned screen of wood or leather placed on the front of a horse-drawn carriage, sleigh or other vehicle that protected the driver from mud, debris, water and snow thrown up by the horse's hooves.
- (graphical user interface, video games) A graphical user interface in the form of or resembling a motor car dashboard.
- Log in to the dashboard to change your account settings.
- (nautical) The float of a paddle wheel.
upturned screen of wood
panel under the windscreen of a motor car or aircraft
graphical user interface
- To organize in a dashboard format.
- Dashboarding your work can enhance productivity.
to organize in a dashboard format
- dashbord (unofficial, rare)
- dashboard (instrument panel of a motor vehicle or aircraft)