Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- 1 English
- 2 French
- 3 Hungarian
- 4 Italian
- 5 Spanish
panel (plural panels)
- A (usually) rectangular section of a surface, or of a covering or of a wall, fence etc.; (architecture) A sunken compartment with raised margins, moulded or otherwise, as in ceilings, wainscotings, etc.
- Behind the picture was a panel on the wall.
- A group of people gathered to judge, interview, discuss etc. as on a television or radio broadcast for example.
- Today's panel includes John Smith.
- An individual frame or drawing in a comic.
- The last panel of a comic strip usually contains a punchline.
- (law) A document containing the names of persons summoned as jurors by the sheriff; hence, more generally, the whole jury.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Blackstone to this entry?)
- (law, Scotland) A prisoner arraigned for trial at the bar of a criminal court.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Burrill to this entry?)
- (obsolete) A piece of cloth serving as a saddle.
- A soft pad beneath a saddletree to prevent chafing.
- (joinery) A board having its edges inserted in the groove of a surrounding frame.
- the panel of a door
- (masonry) One of the faces of a hewn stone.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Gwilt to this entry?)
- (masonry) A slab or plank of wood used instead of a canvas for painting on.
- (mining) A heap of dressed ore.
- (mining) One of the districts divided by pillars of extra size, into which a mine is laid off in one system of extracting coal.
- (dressmaking) A plain strip or band, as of velvet or plush, placed at intervals lengthwise on the skirt of a dress, for ornament.
- A portion of a framed structure between adjacent posts or struts, as in a bridge truss.
rectangular section of a surface
group of people gathered to judge, interview, discuss etc
single frame in a comic strip
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- to fit with panels
panel m (plural panels)
- panel (group of people)
- panel (a large, prefabricated part of a house, such as a wall, roof)
- panel (a prefabricated part of furniture)
- panel (instrument panel, such as a dashboard)
- panel (a group of people gathered to judge, interview, discuss etc. as on a television or radio broadcast for example)
Inflection of panel (stem in -e-, front unrounded harmony)
Possessive forms of panel
- ^ Tótfalusi István, Idegenszó-tár: Idegen szavak értelmező és etimológiai szótára. Tinta Könyvkiadó, Budapest, 2005, ISBN 963 7094 20 2
panel m (invariable)
- panel (various groups of people)
- Rhymes: -el
panel m (plural paneles)