Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- Used other than figuratively or idiomatically: see deep, water.
- Waters suitable for deep-draft ships, especially ocean-going.
- 1940, Federal Writers' Project, Texas: A Guide to the Lone Star State, page 71:
- But deep water was not secured until 1926, when Corpus Christi dug itself out 21 miles to the sea.
- (idiomatic) A difficult or embarrassing situation.
- You will be in deep water if you are found copying work from other students.
- deep-water (adjective)
waters suitable for deep-draft ships
difficult or embarrassing situation