Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To harm or diminish the reputation of.
- to defame somebody
- To render infamous; to bring into disrepute.
- My guilt thy growing virtues did defame; / My blackness blotted thy unblemish'd name.
- To publish a libel about.
- (archaic) To charge; to accuse.
- Rebecca is […] defamed of sorcery practised on the person of a noble knight.
- See also Wikisaurus:defame
to harm, to diminish the reputation of
to publish a libel about
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked