Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
dihedral (plural dihedrals)
- (mathematics) An angle between two plane surfaces
- (aeronautics) The upward slope of an aircraft's wing
- (chemistry) The angle between pairs of chemical bonds separated by a third bond
dihedral (not comparable)
- (mathematics) Consisting of, relating to or contained between two plane surfaces.
- dihedral angle
- (of a kite or an aeroplane) Having wings that form a dihedral angle, especially when the angle between the upper sides is less than 180°.
- (aviation) Of wing pairs, inclined at an upward angle to each other.