Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To deprive of arms; to take away the weapons of; to deprive of the means of attack or defense; to render defenseless.
- (transitive) To deprive of the means or the disposition to harm; to render harmless or innocuous; as, to disarm a man's wrath.
- (intransitive) To lay down arms; to stand down.
- (intransitive) To reduce one's own military forces.
to deprive of arms
to deprive of the means or the disposition to harm
to lay down arms
to reduce the size of one's own military forces
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.