Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /dɪsˈtɔɹt/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /dɪsˈtɔːt/
Audio (UK) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɔː(ɹ)t
- (transitive) To bring something out of shape, to misshape.
- (intransitive, ergative) To become misshapen.
- (transitive) To give a false or misleading account of
- In their articles, journalists sometimes distort the truth.
- (to bring something out of shape): deform
to bring something out of shape
to become misshapen
to give false account of