Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: draw back
drawback (plural drawbacks)
- A disadvantage; something that detracts or takes away.
- A partial refund of an import fee, as when goods are re-exported from the country that collected the fee.
- 1796, David Steel, New and Complete Tables of the Net Duties payable, and drawbacks allowed, on goods, wares, and merchandises..., page 5:
- East-India goods, not specifically and particularly rated, are to be liable to duties and drawbacks on the value, to be taken by the gross price at the company's public sales.
- The inhalation of a lungful of smoke from a cigarette.
a partial refund
inhalation of a lungful of smoke from a cigarette
drawback m (plural drawbacks)