Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈiːtɪŋ/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈitɪŋ/, [ˈiɾɪŋ]
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -iːtɪŋ
- Hyphenation: eat‧ing
eating (not comparable)
- Bred to be eaten.
- eating chickens; eating quails
- Suitable to be eaten without being cooked.
- Wait! That's not an eating apple.
- The act of ingesting food.
- (informal, dialectal) Food; cooking, cuisine.
- I remember when we visited Aunt Martha's house, we had some really good eating!
- The act of corroding or consuming some substance.
the act of consuming food