- (countable, uncountable) A characteristic style of preparing food, often associated with a place of origin.
- French cuisine is considered to be one of the world's most refined and elegant styles of cooking.
- The restaurant is noted for its excellent cuisine.
- (uncountable) Synonym of : The art of preparing food, generally.
- (countable, dated) A kitchen or cooking department.
cuisine f (uncountable)
- cuisine; a characteristic style of preparing food, often associated with a place of origin
- Synonym: keuken
From Old French cuisine, from Vulgar Latin *cocīna, from Latin coquīna, whence also Catalan cuina, Galician cociña, Italian cucina, Portuguese cozinha, Spanish cocina, and ultimately English kitchen, Dutch keuken and German Küche.
cuisine f (plural cuisines)
- Brian est dans la cuisine
- Brian is in the kitchen.
- J’aime la cuisine française.
- I like French cooking.
- inflection of :
- “cuisine”, in Trésor de la langue française informatisé [Digitized Treasury of the French Language], 2012.
Albanian language must be considered here since kuzinë in albanian language literary in translation means "where you cook".
Ku - Where, Zinë or Zien - Cook