Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (chemistry) The formation of a powdery surface on crystals, as a hydrate is converted to anhydrous form by losing loosely bound water of crystallization to the atmosphere.
- (botany) The production of flowers.
- (construction) An encrustation of soluble salts, commonly white, deposited on the surface of stone, brick, plaster, or mortar; usually caused by free alkalies leached from mortar or adjacent concrete as moisture moves through it.
- (geology) An encrustation of soluble salts, deposited on rock or soil by evaporation; often found in arid or geothermal environments.
- (figuratively) Rapid flowering of a culture or civilisation etc.
- (pathology) A redness, rash, or eruption on the skin.
formation of a powdery surface
production of flowers
rapid flowering of a culture
eruption on the skin
efflorescence f (plural efflorescences)