Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
etiam (not comparable)
- annexes a fact or thought to that which has already been said:
- (in general) and also, and furthermore, also, likewise, besides
- in particular:
- (to annex a more important idea) and even, nay, even
- (with the demonstrative notion of the iam predominating, used as an affirmative) certainly, granted, by all means, yes indeed, yes
- (with the idea of time predominating) yet, as yet, even yet, still, even now
- (in familiar language, in interrogations, especially when made indignantly) akin to what? pray?
- (in familiar language, with imperatives) again, once more
- in impatient questions
- (in general: and also, too): quoque
- “ĕtĭam” in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short, A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1879.