See also: Feis
feis (plural feiseanna)
- (Ireland) An Irish festival, usually including folk music, dancing, and sports.
- (Ireland) An Irish gathering at which new laws were decreed, as well as folk music, dancing, and sports.
- (literary) act of sleeping, of passing the night; accommodation, entertainment, for the night; bed and supper
- (literary) sleeping together, sexual intercourse; espousal, marriage
- . festival
- Irish language festival (with competitions)
- (literature) feast tale
Declension of feis
Forms with the definite article
- (festival): féile
- Ard-Fheis (“national convention”)
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every|
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.
- "feis" in Foclóir Gaeilge-Béarla, An Gúm, 1977, by Niall Ó Dónaill.
- “2 feis(s), fess” in Dictionary of the Irish Language, Royal Irish Academy, 1913–76.
feis f (genitive singular feise)
- Not to be confused with fèis, a festival.