- The act of fixing.
- The state of being fixed or fixated.
- The act of uniting chemically with a solid substance or in a solid form; reduction to a non-volatile condition; -- said of volatile elements.
- The act or process of ceasing to be fluid and becoming firm.
- In metals, a state of resistance to evaporation or volatilization by heat.
- A state of mind involving obsession with a particular person, idea, or thing.
- (law) Recording a creative work in a medium of expression for more than a transitory duration, thereby satisfying the "fixation" requirement for the purposes of copyright law.
- In order to obtain copyright on a recording in the United States, the recording must have been reduced to fixation on or after February 15, 1972.
- (genetics) The change in a gene pool from a situation where there exists at least two variants of a particular gene (allele) to a situation where only one of the alleles remains.
- (state of being fixed): fixedness
act of fixing
act of uniting chemically in a solid form
act or process of ceasing to be fluid and becoming firm
state of resistance to evaporation
state of mind involving obsession
fixation f (plural fixations)
- Tu ferais bien de vérifier les fixations avant de partir.