Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To make something fixed and stable; to fix.
- To stare fixedly at something.
- (intransitive) To attend to something to the exclusion of all others; used with on.
- 2020, Akwaeke Emezi, The Death of Vivek Oji, Faber & Faber Ltd, page 202:
- He needed something to fixate on now that the repainting was done.
- (intransitive, psychology) To attach oneself to a person or thing in a pathological or neurotic manner; used with on.
to make something fixed
to stare fixedly
to attend to the exclusion of others
psychology: to attach oneself to a person