Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -eɪmɪŋ
- On fire with visible flames.
- The flaming debris kept the firefighter well back, and the sparks threatened the neighborhood.
- (colloquial) Extremely obvious; visibly evident. Typically of a homosexual male.
- To call him a flaming homosexual would be an understatement, but I think he acts that way just to see people react.
- (Britain, colloquial) Damned, bloody.
- I wasted three hours in that flaming traffic jam!
On fire with visible flames
flaming (plural flamings)
- sterilization by holding an object in a hot flame
- (Internet slang) vitriolic criticism
- You can expect a flaming if you post irrelevant spam to a newsgroup.
flaming m anim