See also: Flaming
- On fire with visible flames.
- The flaming debris kept the firefighter well back, and the sparks threatened the neighborhood.
- 2011, Stephanie Owen Reeder, Amazing Grace: An Adventure at Sea (page 76)
- On Christmas Day, the pudding was served piping hot, with flaming brandy on top.
- (colloquial) Extremely obvious; visibly evident. Typically of a homosexual male.
- To call him a flaming homosexual would be an understatement, but I think he acts that way just to see people react.
- (Britain, colloquial) Damned, bloody.
- I wasted three hours in that flaming traffic jam!
On fire with visible flames
flaming (plural flamings)
- Sterilization by holding an object in a hot flame.
- (Internet slang) Vitriolic criticism.
- You can expect a flaming if you post irrelevant spam to a newsgroup.
flaming m anim