Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈfɑli/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈfɒli/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɒli
- Hyphenation: fol‧ly
folly (plural follies)
- This is a war of folly to continue.
- It'd be folly.
- Thoughtless action resulting in tragic consequence.
- The purchase of Alaska from Russia was termed Seward's folly.
- A fanciful building built for purely ornamental reasons.
- A luncheonette in the shape of a coffee cup is particularly conspicuous, as is intended of an architectural duck or folly.