Jump to navigation Jump to search
gamine (plural gamines)
- A (usually female) street urchin; a homeless girl.
- A mischievous, playful, elfish, pert girl or young woman.
- (of a girl) Having a boyish, mischievous charm; tomboyish.
- 2017 May 25, Peter Bradshaw, “L'Amant Double review – camp-classic status beckons for François Ozon's softcore silliness”, in The Guardian:
- But basically, it looks a 105-minute ad for perfume: Pervitude, by Chanel. It’s a wildly dated-looking and derivative film, a quaint adventure in fantasised naughtiness, like Ozon’s teen prostitute fantasy Jeune et Jolie in 2013, which starred his lead actress here, Marine Vacth, in a similarly gamine role.
- kid (child)
- “gamine”, in Trésor de la langue française informatisé [Digitized Treasury of the French Language], 2012.
- (Early Middle English) Alternative form of