Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
gardening (not comparable)
- (Can we verify(+) this sense?) describes items or actions connected with the garden.
- He had just entered the house and was wearing his gardening clothes.
describes things connected with the garden
- The process or action of cultivating the soil, particularly in a garden; the care of a garden; horticulture.
- His hobby was gardening.
- 1866, Elizabeth Gaskell, Wives and Daughters
- Warm ambient air, loiterings abroad, gardenings, flowers to take about, and preserves to make, soothed the wicked imp to slumber in the parish of Hollingford in summer-time.
the care of a garden