Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Used other than as an idiom: see go, with.
- (idiomatic, transitive) To choose or accept (a suggestion)
- Although I liked your suggestion, I'll go with my original idea.
- (idiomatic, transitive) To date, to be involved romantically with (someone)
- (idiomatic, transitive) To have sexual relations with (someone)
- (transitive) To correspond or fit well with, to match.
- Does this red skirt go with this pink blouse?
- (obsolete, transitive) To be pregnant with (a child).
- The fruit she goes with, / I pray for heartily, that it may find / Good time, and live.
- 1795, Great Britain. Court of King's Bench, Reports of Cases Adjudged in the Court of King's Bench
- If the husband was out of the four seas during all the time of the wife's going with child, the child is a bastard; but if he were here at all within the time, it is legitimate, and no bastard.
match, correspond with