Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) enPR: gänʹər, IPA(key): /ˈɡɒnə(ɹ)/
- (General American) enPR: gônʹər, IPA(key): /ˈɡɔːnɚ/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɒnə(ɹ), -ɔːnə(ɹ)
goner (plural goners)
- (informal) Someone (or something) doomed; a hopeless case, especially someone who is bound to die soon.
- I'm a goner if this plan doesn't work.
- You'll be a goner if I hit you with this gun.
- 2007 November 1, Jeff Goodell, “James Lovelock, the Prophet”, in Rolling Stone:
- Retreat, in his view, means it’s […] about making plans for the migration of millions of people from low-lying regions like Bangladesh into Europe; about admitting that New Orleans is a goner and moving the people to cities better positioned for the future.
- (baseball slang) A ball hit out of the playing area for a home run.
someone doomed, a hopeless case
- Alternative form of