Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Gunner
gunner (plural gunners)
- (military) Artillery soldier, or such who holds private rank. Abbreviated Gnr.
- A person who operates a gun.
- (figuratively) An excessive go-getter; one exhibiting over-ambition.
- (American football) A player on the kicking side whose primary job is to tackle the kickoff returner or punt returner.
- (UK, slang, soccer) A fan of the Arsenal Football Club.
- The great northern diver or loon.
- (UK, Ireland, dialect) The sea bream.
- (rare) Alternative spelling of