Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: granulé
granule (plural granules)
- A tiny grain, a small particle.
- (biology) A small structure in a cell.
- (geology) A particle from 2 to 4 mm in diameter, following the Wentworth scale
- (astronomy) a small mark in the photosphere of the sun caused by convection currents. See also Wikipedia:Granule (solar physics).
small structure in a cell
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
- “granule” in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- “granule” in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
- inflection of :