Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Hadith
- (countable, religion, Islam) An eyewitness account of a saying or action of Muhammad (or sometimes one of his companions) not otherwise found in the Quran.
- In addition to the Quran, many Muslims also look to the hadiths for moral and spiritual guidance in their daily lives.
- There are four main Shia books of hadith and six main Sunni books of hadith.
- (uncountable, religion, Islam, usually capitalized) The entire body of such accounts.
- The Hadith are believed to be the words of the Prophet, memorized by his followers and written down in the first or second centuries after the Hegira.
- The Hadith is the written record of what Muhammad said and did in his everyday life.
- (countable, religion, Islam) A particular accepted collection of such accounts, as from a single source or within a particular branch of Islam or Islamic jurisprudence.
collected sayings and actions of Muhammad
- hadith (collection of Muhammed's sayings)
|Inflection of hadith (Kotus type 6/paperi, no gradation)|
hadith m (uncountable)
- Alternative form of