Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: hamfisted
- Lacking skill in physical movement, especially with the hands.
- (by extension) Lacking skill in general.
- 2008 December 6, “Jean has done Canada a favour”, in Kingston Whig-Standard:
- Harper has a few weeks' grace, during which he and his ham-fisted finance minister, Jim Flaherty, can ponder the error of their ways.
- 2019 November 13, Dorian Lynskey, “Bowie’s Books and Why Bowie Matters review – a manic turnover of new ideas”, in The Guardian:
- She had rebuffed every request since the hamfisted 1956 movie version starring Edmond O’Brien, and was never likely to make an exception for a glam-rock dandy, but he was sorely aggrieved.
lacking skill in physical movement