Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- White or gray with age.
- The old man bowed his hoary head in acquiescence.
- (zoology) Of a pale silvery gray.
- (botany) Covered with short, dense, grayish white hairs; canescent.
- (obsolete) Remote in time past.
- (obsolete) Moldy; mossy; musty.
- Old or old-fashioned.
2012 June 3, Nathan Rabin, “TV: Review: THE SIMPSONS (CLASSIC): “Mr. Plow” (season 4, episode 9; originally aired 11/19/1992)”, in (Please provide the book title or journal name):
- In its God-like prime, The Simpsons attacked well-worn satirical fodder from unexpected angles, finding fresh laughs in the hoariest of subjects.
white or gray with age