Jump to navigation Jump to search
housewarming (plural housewarmings)
- (idiomatic) A party to celebrate moving into a new home.
- The act of welcoming a person/family to their newly purchased or newly rented home.
- A housewarming gift.
- 2004, Jacob M Appel, “Gadney's Immunity”, in Southwest Review, volume 89, number 4, page 580:
- They had their first argument on the evening Gadney moved in, their housewarming spat, he later called it.
- 2011, John Kinsella, The Offering:
- Fortunately, Dave had left them a packet of rollie tobacco and papers for a housewarming