Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Under consideration, under discussion.
- The man in question just walked in.
- The topic in question is not something that can be easily addressed due to its sensitivity.
- The police officer told me the suspect in question was last seen on Swanston St.
- 1898, Winston Churchill, chapter 5, The Celebrity:
- When this conversation was repeated in detail within the hearing of the young woman in question, and undoubtedly for his benefit, Mr. Trevor threw shame to the winds and scandalized the Misses Brewster then and there by proclaiming his father to have been a country storekeeper.
- In doubt, under dispute.
- The whole project is now in question.
under consideration or discussion