incognita (plural incognitas)
- A woman who is unknown or in disguise.
- (of a woman) The state of being in disguise. (Can we add an example for this sense?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for incognita in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)
incognita f (plural incognite)
- nominative feminine singular of
- nominative neuter plural of
- accusative neuter plural of
- vocative feminine singular of
- vocative neuter plural of