- simple past tense and past participle of
- Cut in the edge into points or inequalities, like teeth; jagged; notched; stamped in; dented on the surface.
- Having an uneven, irregular border; sinuous; undulating.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Milton to this entry?)
- (heraldry) Notched like the part of a saw consisting of the teeth; serrated.
- an indented border or ordinary
- Bound out by an indenture; apprenticed; indentured.
- an indented servant
- (zoology) Notched along the margin with a different color, like the feathers of some birds.