Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- inspexion (obsolete)
From Middle French, from Old French inspeccion, from Latin inspectiō (“examination, inspection”), from the verb inspectō (“I inspect”), from spectō (“I observe, I watch”), frequentive of speciō (“I look at”).
- The act of examining something, often closely.
- Upon closer inspection, the animal turned out to be a dolphin, not a shark!
- An organization that checks that certain laws or rules are obeyed.
- The inspection fined the restaurant's owner because the kitchen was dirty.
the act of examining something, often closely
organization that checks that certain laws or rules are obeyed
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
inspection f (plural inspections)
- inspection (act of examining something, often closely)