Jump to navigation Jump to search
jawbone (plural jawbones)
- The bone of the lower jaw; the mandible.
- Any of the bones in the lower or upper jaw.
- (singular or plural, music) A shaken musical instrument (an idiophone) made from the jawbone of an animal and shaken such that the teeth vibrate in their sockets to produce sound.
- (the bone of the lower jaw): inferior maxillary bone, lower jaw, mandible, submaxilla
- (any bone in the lower or upper jaw): dentary, dentary bone, maxilla
bone of the lower jaw
any of the bones in the jaw