Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -æɡɪŋ
- falling behind, not keeping up the pace
- Occurring after; indicating the later phase of
1944, David Hay Surgeoner, Radio for aeroplanes, page 34:
- A leading wave is one which reaches its maximum value before another, which is thus a lagging wave
- For usage examples of this term, see Citations:lagging.
- The covering of something with strips of felt, wood etc, either as insulation or for protection.
- The material so used.
- (slang, countable) A prison sentence.