Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (intransitive) To do random unplanned work or spend time idly
- Stop mucking about and get on with your work!
- (intransitive) To do something with a piece of equipment when you do not understand how it works.
- Don't muck about with the video machine, or you might break it.
- (intransitive, Britain) To be playful; full of fun and high spirits
- It was only a joke. We were only mucking about.
spend time idly
do something with a piece of equipment when you do not understand how it works