- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈnuməɹəs/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈnjuːməɹəs/
Audio (US) (file)
Audio (UK) (file)
- Hyphenation: nu‧mer‧ous
- Indefinitely large numerically, many.
2012 March-April, Colin Allen, “Do I See What You See?”, in American Scientist, volume 100, number 2, page 168:
- Numerous experimental tests and other observations have been offered in favor of animal mind reading, and although many scientists are skeptical, others assert that humans are not the only species capable of representing what others do and don’t perceive and know.
- There are numerous definitions of the word 'man'.
- See many
Indefinitely large numerically