off-color (comparative more off-color, superlative most off-color)
- Of the wrong color.
- 1936, Chemical Industries (volume 38, page 400)
- Careful control of mixing at the central point reduces the possibility of off-color paint in some booths, and uniform pressure at the spray guns is easily maintained.
- (idiomatic) dirty, vulgar or obscene
- He told an off-color joke.
- (idiomatic) different than usual
- The critics described the pop star's new album as very off-color.
- (idiomatic) in poor health
- I feel a bit off-color today.