Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
From French ogive, augive, from Late Latin augiva, of uncertain origin; compare Late Latin ogis (“a support, prop”), Latin augeō (“to increase, strengthen”), Spanish auge (“highest point of power or fortune, apogee”).
- (General American) IPA(key): /oʊˈdʒiː/, /ˈoʊdʒiː/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /əʊˈdʒiː/, /ˈəʊdʒiː/
ogee (plural ogees)
- (architecture) A double curve in the shape of an elongated S; an object of that shape
- (architecture) A pointed arch made from two ogees
- (mathematics) An inflection point.
- (aesthetic facial surgery) The malar or cheekbone prominence transitioning into the mid-cheek hollow.
- (distillation) The bubble-shaped chamber of a pot still that connects the swan neck to the pot and allows distillate to expand, condense, and fall back into the pot.