Jump to navigation Jump to search
Imitative of the sound.
- Representing the grunting sound made by a pig.
- Drawing attention to male chauvinism (from the term male chauvinist pig).
- 1982, Sandy Asher, Just like Jenny:
- Mom swallowed a spoonful of pudding and looked Daddy straight in the eye. "Oink, oink," she said, to let him know he was being a male chauvinist pig.
- 2003, Robert N. Mansfield, Randy Maas, The Assassin: Attack on America:
- "The tub is too small!" "Then, I'll go first and you'll have to wait!" "Chauvinist pig!" "Oink, oink!"
- 2005, Alinka Zyrmont, Forbidden Passion:
- You are such a male chauvinist oink, oink. You think that you are the only one who can drive a car or fly an airplane.
Representing the sound made by a pig
oink (plural oinks)
- The sound made by a pig, or an imitation thereof.
- The protesters replied to the police officers' demands with a chorus of oinks.
sound made by a pig
- (intransitive) Of a pig or in imitation thereof, to make its characteristic sound.
- The hogs oinked happily in their pen as the farmer poured slop in their feeding trough.