Jump to navigation Jump to search
one-liner (plural one-liners)
- A short joke, especially one of a single sentence.
- witty one-liners
- 2017 September 19, Gwilym Mumford, “Kingsman: The Golden Circle review – spy sequel reaches new heights of skyscraping silliness”, in the Guardian:
- Every crass or tone-deaf moment – including a sexual encounter between Eggsy and a socialite, played by Poppy Delevingne, that at best feels entirely misjudged and at worst a complete betrayal of Eggsy’s cheeky but ultimately quite sweet character – is matched by a wonderfully droll one-liner or nugget of razor-sharp satire.
- A short remark intended as a sound bite.
- (computing) A command or small program consisting of a single line of input.