Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (chiefly Canada, US) Involving direct communication between two people.
- (sports) involving one attacker and one defender
2011 September 24, David Ornstein, “Arsenal 3 - 0 Bolton”, BBC Sport:
- After several near misses, Van Persie finally reached three figures by turning in Walcott's cross before Jaaskelainen saved from Walcott when one-on-one.
- (mathematics) bijective or injective
- one-to-one (British)
involving one attacker and one defender
- A contest involving only one player on each side, especially of an activity often involving teams.
- Why don't we play a little one-on-one until the others show up.
- He was willing to go one-on-one with the District Attorney himself.
- (contest between two people): triple O