Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈpɛnʃənɚ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈpɛnʃənə/
- Hyphenation: pen‧sion‧er
pensioner (plural pensioners)
- Someone who lives on a pension.
- Someone who is at the age at which one typically receives a pension; an elderly person.
- (obsolete, Britain, Cambridge University) A student who is not dependent on any foundation for support, but pays all university charges; at Oxford called a commoner.
someone who lives on a pension
someone at typical age for a pensioner
- indefinite plural of pension