Jump to navigation Jump to search
- pencioner (obsolete)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈpɛnʃənɚ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈpɛnʃənə/
- Hyphenation: pen‧sion‧er
pensioner (plural pensioners)
- Someone who lives on a pension, especially the retirement or old age pension.
- Synonym: retiree
- (by extension) Someone who is at the age at which one typically receives a pension; an elderly person.
- (obsolete, UK, Cambridge University) A student who is not dependent on any foundation for support, but pays all university charges; at Oxford called a commoner.
someone who lives on a pension
someone at typical age for a pensioner — see senior citizen