Jump to navigation Jump to search
perfectionist (plural perfectionists)
- One who is unwilling to settle for anything that is not perfect or does not meet extremely high standards.
- (philosophy) One who thinks that moral perfection can be attained in this life.
- (historical) One of the Bible Communists or Free-lovers, a small American sect founded by J. H. Noyes (1811-86), which settled at Oneida in 1848, holding that the gospel if accepted secures freedom from sin.
person who does not settle for anything that is not perfect
- Demanding perfection; being a perfectionist; imposing overly high standards.
- perfectionistic parents
- For quotations of use of this term, see Citations:perfectionist.
- (philosophy) Inclined or related to perfectionism.