- Rhymes: -ɪŋə(r)
pinger (plural pingers)
- A device that emits a short, high-pitched sound burst, such as in sonar or other echo location systems.
- We couldn't take the boat into the shallows near the reef because our sonar pinger was broken.
- A device that periodically emits a signal that can be monitored to permit movement tracking.
- The scientist attached a pinger to the carapace of the sea turtle to track its migration.
- A computer program that sends a ping message over a network.
- Some people like fancy pingers with extra features, but I always use the default ping application.
- A user of a ping program; one who pings.
- Every time we replace the main page, we get flooded with pingers making sure our web site is still there.
- (slang) An illicit drug, especially ecstasy, taken for recreational purposes.
- That was a great party. Everyone took a pinger or two.
- to paint
Conjugation of “pinger”
|Active voice||Present||pinge||ha pingite|
|Passive voice||Present||es pingite||ha essite pingite|
|Past||esseva pingite||habeva essite pingite|
|Future||essera pingite||habera essite pingite|
|Conditional||esserea pingite||haberea essite pingite|