Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
plumbing (plural plumbings)
- (uncountable) The pipes, together with the joints, tanks, stopcocks, taps and other fixtures of a water, gas or sewage system in a house or other building.
- (uncountable) The trade or occupation of a plumber.
- (uncountable, informal) A system of vessels or ducts in the human body, especially the genitourinary system.
- My plumbing was playing up, so I had to see the doctor.
- (countable) A Murasugi sum where each disk summed along has its boundary subdivided into four segments.
- (uncountable, informal) Something practical, concrete, real, down to Earth
- This is not scientific research, it's a building project, engineering, plumbing.
- (genitourinary system): waterworks (informal)
pipes, etc, of a water/gas/sewage system in a building
trade or occupation of a plumber
informal: system of vessels or ducts in the human body, especially the genitourinary system
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked