Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Politbüro
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈpɒlɪtˌbjʊəɹəʊ/, /-ˌbjɔː-/
Audio (RP) (file)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈpɑlətˌbjʊɹoʊ/, /ˈpoʊ-/
- Hyphenation: po‧lit‧bu‧ro
politburo (plural politburos)
- The governing council and chief policymaking body of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union and other Marxist-Leninist political systems.
- (by extension, sometimes derogatory) A senior governing or policymaking body in a political or other organization, generally consisting of members who are either appointed by the party in control of the organization, or who attain membership through their personal political affiliations.
governing council and chief policymaking body of a Marxist-Leninist political system
senior governing or policymaking body in a political or other organization
politburo m (plural politburos)
- politburo (governing council of the Soviet Union)