Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /pɹəʊ ˈdɒmɪnəʊ/
- (General American) IPA(key): /pɹoʊ ˈdɑmənoʊ/
Audio (AU) (file)
- Hyphenation: pro do‧mi‧no
- (law) In the capacity of a master or an owner; having dominion over a person, property, or a right.
- 1920, A. E. Carlisle and T. B. Horwood, editors, South African Law Reports. Natal Provincial Division. Decisions of the Supreme Court of South Africa (Natal Provincial Division) (including the Durban and Coast Local Division), volume 40, Pietermaritzburg: Incorporated Law Society of Natal, OCLC 1644341, page 186:
- [W]hen the Natal Native Trust became Trustee, he held lot 52 no longer permissively but pro domino; […]